Mykonos beaches are amazing, numerous and many of them offer fantastic opportunities for water sports and water games lovers. Apart from just swimming in those unforgettable blue and turquoise crystal-clear waters, windsurfing, surfing, water skiing, jet skiing, scuba diving, snorkeling, kite surfing, various water games such as tube sofa rides, banana boat, the all-time summer favorite beach volley and the absoletuly inspiring horse riding, are all here to offer you the exciting feeling that only sports do. It is worth mentioning that several beaches feature water sports schools with experienced instructors – so there's no excuse. The water is out there and it feels fabulous!
Here is a brief guide about the beaches that offer great water sports opportunities!
- Ftelia: a surfer's paradise, due to the strong summer northern winds
- Korfos: suitable for wind-surfing, with a kite surf school.
- Kalo Livadi: offers various sea sports and beach volley ball
- Paradise Beach: Home to a diving school
- Platys Gialos: offers a variety of water sports and water sports such as jetski, wakeboarding lessons, waterskiing lessons, barefoot water skiing, wakeskate and wakesurf, tube sofa rides, banana boat, canoes, snorkeling
- Kalafatis: a variety of water sports is available here, including windsurfing, jet ski, water ski, wakeboard and tube rides.
- Elia: features various water sports such as water skiing, para-sailing, jet skis and many more.
- Agrari: various water sports and water games-experienced instructors available
- Fokos: this small beach features a Horseriding School.
- Lia: Home to a diving school